Sunday 15 October 2017

BBC DVD Box Art Re-done

After a particularly heavy week, I felt the need to do something a bit more serious so I did something I'd been meaning to do for some time. That was to clean up and re-do the DVD box art I'd created for myself many years ago for the Quatermass Trilogy. I (like so many others) don't particularly like the artwork that the BBC used on the original release. It looked more Evil Dead then classic BBC drama! 

I had based the design on the classic Penguin Books style and it seemed to work. Folks on Twitter have always shown their appreciation on the look. But it was one of the first mock covers I'd attempted in Photoshop and I certainly no longer had the original layered file on any of my current drives. 

So this new version has been created from scratch and includes a back cover more in tune with BBC DVD releases. It even includes the actual bar code from the commerical version! 

I've also done ones for A For Andromeda and a speculative (but vintage) one for the first season of Doctor Who.