Sunday 26 June 2016

Oh no, not more Armada Doctor Who book covers...!

I've been sorting out the files on my mac of late. It needed to be done. Lots of mis-named folders and lost designs have now been recovered and re-filed. 

Whilst doing this, I started to fix some of my older work to ensure I had the best possible copies. I've gone back and redone a few as well - making some of the Target cover designs into full cover proofs with fronts AND backs. I'll post them at a later date though followerers of my Twitter feed will have seen them as my regularly nightly #DoctorWho Book at Bedtime

I've also taken a few of the stories and asked the question... "What if the Armada paperback release of 'Dr Who in an Exciting Adventure with the Daleks' by David Whitaker had had the same success of the Target reprint in 1973?  

Would David Whitaker have found himself in the same position as Terrance Dicks and headed off on a new career as principal writer of the 'new' novelisation range from Armada Books? 

I've done some covers anyhow using the original artwork from the retro Target books I did last year. I make no apology for not giving the novels any titles. After all, the original is just called 'Dr Who' - the rest of its given title (the 'in an exciting adventure...' bit) is, to be perfectly honestly just a bit of cover blurb.

Anyhow, here they are...